The CT & Dose Taskforce aims:
- to create evidence base for justification and optimisation in the use of computed tomography in children and young adults
- to provide a dynamic platform for communication and discussion
- to provide an opportunity continuous education using quality assurance criteria
- to develop evidence based guidelines for good clinical practice within paediatric CT
Claudio Granata, Trieste/IT
Catherine M. Owens, London/UK
Carmelo Sofia, Messina/IT
Sergio Salerno, Palermo/IT
R.A.J. Nievelstein, Utrecht/NL
Mariantonietta Francavilla, Bari/IT
Bogdan-Stefan Olteanu, Bucharest/RO
Erich Sorantin, Graz/AT
Ilze Apine, Riga/LV
If you would like to become a member of the CT & Dose Taskforce, please send your CV to email@example.com.
The ESPR research project on the development of paediatric CT-protocols balancing dose and quality, based on the use of phantom studies can be seen as a research project for optimisation within paediatric computed tomography.
European Diagnostic Reference Levels for Paediatric Imaging – PiDRL (EC Tender ENER/2013/NUCL/SI2.671441),
ESPR CT-project – led by E. Sorantin
- Eszter Nagy, Sebastian Tschauner, Clemens Schramek, Erich Sorantin. Paediatric CT made easy. Pediatr Radiol 2022 Nov 5.; doi: 10.1007/s00247-022-05526-0.
- Peter Hiles, Patrick Gilligan, John Damilakis, Eric Briers, Cristian Candela-Juan, Dario Faj, Shane Foley, Guy Frija, Claudio Granata, Hugo de Las Heras Gala, Ruben Pauwels, Marta Sans Merce, Georgios Simantirakis, Eliseo Vano. European consensus on patient contact shielding. Insights Imaging 2021 Dec 23;12(1):194; doi: 10.1186/s13244-021-01085-4.
- Granata C, Sorantin E, Seuri R, Owens CM. European Society of Paediatric Radiology Computed Tomography and Dose Task Force: European guidelines on diagnostic reference levels for paediatric imaging. Pediatr Radiol. 2019 May;49(5):702-705. doi: 10.1007/s00247-019-04346-z. Epub 2019 Feb 19. PMID: 30783688.