The ESPR Education Committee
The ESPR Education Committee aims to develop, implement and evaluate an excellent quality of education and professional development opportunities for paediatric and other radiologists both within ESPR and wider field.
The Commitee is responsible:
- To coordinate and update training curricula
- To provide a communication channel between national, international and subspecialty societies and the ESPR on matters relevant to education
- To advise on and agree upon the society’s policy on continuing professional education (CME, CPD) and to liaise with (inter)national authorities and EACCME
Chairperson and members
Maria Raissaki, Heraklion/GR
Rutger Nievelstein, Utrecht/NL
William Ramsden, Leeds/UK
Jean-François Chateil, Bordeaux/FR
Andrea Rossi, Genoa/IT
Ignasi Barber, Esplugues de Llobregat/ES
Samuel Stafrace, Al Waab/QA
Aurelio Secinaro, Rome/IT
Annie Paterson, Belfast/UK
Thomas Augdal, Tromsø/NO
Eilish Twomey, Dublin/IE
Pablo Caro Dominguez, Seville/ES
Susan Shelmerdine, London/UK
EDiPR - European Diploma in Paediatric Radiology
The ESPR launched the European Educational Curriculum & Diploma in Paediatric Radiology (EDiPR) in 2017. The Education and Professional Development Committee of the ESPR is responsible for the organization of the educational curriculum, examinations and diploma.
- represents a significant qualification in paediatric radiology
- is the first step towards transnational harmonisation of paediatric radiological standards in Europe
- will assist paediatric radiologists in the promotion of their skills and experience when dealing with other colleagues and with the general public
- stands for a standard of paediatric radiology education across Europe through attendance of eligible courses. Proof of knowledge in paediatric radiology is provided by passing four individual course examinations followed by a final examination covering the whole curriculum.
- confirms proof of subspecialized education in addition to national qualifications and fellowships and by no means can replace these national qualifications or fellowships.
- is endorsed by the European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR) and all courses are accredited by the European Board of Radiology (EBR) and European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
The EDiPR examination will be held in association with the upcoming ESPR meeting on the day before the meeting starts, coinciding with the second day of the postgraduate course.
In accordance with ESPR 2020 organizers’ advice to postpone registration and travel bookings for the Marseille meeting, please note that the application for EDiPR is currently on hold.
Applications will open when the date of the ESPR congress is finalized.
In case of any questions, please contact the ESPR Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ECPR - European Course in Paediatric Radiology
ECPR – European Course in Paediatric Radiology
Each year ESPR organizes one course with the aim to cover the ESR training curriculum as much as possible on one of the following specific topics:
- Paediatric chest imaging including neck and cardiovascular
- Paediatric musculoskeletal imaging including systemic diseases
- Paediatric abdominal imaging
Emergencies, fetal and interventional level I and II lectures are all delivered within these topics.
Every two years, an additional Paediatric Neuroradiology (Module 1) course is organised in cooperation with ESNR – European Society of Neuroradiology.
ECPR 2020 – Musculoskeletal
October 14-16, 2020
ECPNR 2021 – Paediatric Neuroradiology (Module 2)
January 23-27, 2021