The ESPR Education Committee
To develop, implement and evaluate an excellent quality of education and professional development opportunities for paediatric and other radiologists both within ESPR and wider field.
• To coordinate and update training curricula.
• To provide a communication channel between national, international and subspecialty societies and the ESPR on matters relevant to education.
• To advise on and agree upon the Society’s policy on continuing professional education (CME, CPD) and to liaise with (inter)national authorities and EACCME.
Chairperson of the Education Committee: Dr. Maria Raissaki
EDiPR – European Diploma in Paediatric Radiology
The ESPR launched the European Educational Curriculum & Diploma in Paediatric Radiology (EDiPR) in 2017. The Education and Professional Development committee of the ESPR (hereinafter referred to as “Education committee”) is responsible for the organization of the educational curriculum, examinations and diploma.
- The EDiPR represents a significant qualification in paediatric radiology.
- The EDiPR represents a first step towards transnational harmonisation of paediatric radiological standards in Europe.
- The EDiPR will assist paediatric radiologists in the promotion of their skills and experience when dealing with other colleagues and with the general public.
- The EDiPR represents a standard of paediatric radiology education across Europe through attendance of eligible courses. Proof of knowledge in paediatric radiology is provided by passing four individual course examinations followed by a final examination covering the whole curriculum. All tests take place in English.
- The EDiPR confirms proof of subspecialized education in addition to national qualifications and fellowships and by no means can replace these national qualifications or fellowships.
- The EDiPR is endorsed by the European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR) and all courses are accredited by the European Board of Radiology (EBR) and European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
ECPR – European Course in Paediatric Radiology
Each year, ESPR organizes one course, with the aim to cover the ESR training curriculum as much as possible on one specific theme
- Thorax (including neck and Cardiovascular)
- Abdomen (including systemic diseases)
Emergencies, fetal and interventional level I and II lectures are delivered within these topics
In every two years, an additional Paediatric Neuroradiology (Module I) course is also organized in cooperation with ESNR
ECPR 2019 – Paediatric Abdomen
Date: October 16-18, 2019