The Junior ESPR Representative is on the ESPR Board to express the views of and look after the interests of junior paediatric radiologists with less than five years of experience.
Contact us: email@example.com
What can JESPeR do for you?
- Joining JESPeR means being part of a group of like-minded young radiologists looking at dedicating their working career at imaging children
- Guidance, information and help on how to progress in your career in Paediatric Radiology
- Offer worldwide links and contacts in the paediatric imaging world
- Provide information about different grants and opportunities for pediatric radiology training
Chairperson and members
Julian Jürgens, Hamburg/DE
Greg Chambers, Leeds/UK
Carmelo Sofia, Messina/IT
Céline Habre, Geneva/CH
Aisling Fagan, London/UK
Irmhild Altmann-Schneider, Utrecht/NL
Pablo Caro Dominguez, Seville/ES
Seema Toso, Geneva/CH
Susan Shelmerdine, London/UK
If you would like to become a member of the jESPeR Committee, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ESPR provides grants to attend the ESPR annual meeting and the European courses of Paediatric Radiology every year. The ESPR is committed to supporting the attendance of young European Radiologists to the ESPR conference, especially from European countries with lower financial resources:
Educational Grants to support attendance to ESPR
The ESPR is committed to supporting upcoming paediatric radiologists. For the last 5 years grants have been offered to support the attendance of presenting young European Radiologists to the ESPR conference.
30 grants of 800 Euro will cover not only the registration fees but also a relevant part of your travel costs.
Refunds will be processed after the congress.
If not a ESPR member, the grant awardees will also get free ESPR membership for the current calendar year (with online access only to Pediatric Radiology journal.)
– The grants are only available for radiologists in training. Training status needs to be confirmed by a written, dated and signed letter from the applicant’s training coordinator/supervisor/head of training.
– The applicant must be 35 years or younger.
– Application Deadline: yearly, February 28
– If not a member, the grant awardees will also get free ESPR membership for the current calendar year (including online access to Pediatric Radiology journal.)
How to apply?
- DOWNLOAD ESPR Junior Grant Application Form.
- Please provide a signed dated letter from your training supervisor/director/head of training confirming your current training status and position.
- Send both, the application form & the letter confirming your training status, to email@example.com with the heading “Junior grant application for ESPR”.
- The ESPR board will consider the applications after the closing date and will respond by email once all applications have been reviewed by the evaluation committee and final decisions have been taken. A pre-nomination of winners is done by the ESPR president, annual ESPR congress president and jESPeR representative. This nomination is to be discussed and approved by the ESPR board.
Educational Grants to support attendance to ECPR
The ESPR Board has agreed to provide financial support to eligible radiologists in training (residents/fellows) or young radiologists active in the field of paediatric radiology to attend the ECPR.
10 junior grants à EUR 500,- will we supported.
- Target audience: The grants are only available for radiologists in training (residents/fellows) and young radiologists active in the field of paediatric radiology. This status needs to be confirmed by a written, dated and signed letter from the applicant’s training coordinator/supervisor/head of department.
- Age: The applicant must be 35 years or younger on the first day of course.
- Reimbursement: The grant will include a fixed amount of money, to be decided during the ESPR Winter Board meeting in January of each year. The grant will be paid to the grant receiver after attending the course. This will require the bank details of the grant receiver and confirmation of attendance to be forwarded to the ESPR Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The grant applications need to be submitted at least one month before the deadline for Early Fee registration. Grant applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Grant applications will be reviewed by the ESPR education committee and sent to the ESPR board for approval. The decision of the ESPR board is final.
- Updates on the grants can be found on the ESPR website.
How to apply?
1. DOWNLOAD the Educational Grants Application Form. Print the form, fill it appropriately and sign it.
2. Please provide a signed dated letter from your training supervisor/director/head of department confirming your current training status or position.
3. Scan the application form and the letter confirming your training status/position and email both to email@example.com with the heading “Educational grant application for ECPR”.
4. The ESPR education committee will consider the applications after the closing
Exchange programme for Pediatric Radiology Fellowships
The European School of Radiology (ESOR) and the ESPR offer 4 grants to attend an exchange programme for fellowships or subspecialisation training in paediatric radiology.
The need to attract, train and help qualify young radiologists to render confident practice of the diverse multimodality age focussed subspeciality imaging has never been more important. This has prompted the European Society of Radiology (ESR) and the European Society of Paediatric Radiology (ESPR) to take the initiative in establishing an exchange programme for fellowships or subspecialisation training in paediatric imaging.
The programme offers an opportunity to complement subspecialisation training in paediatric imaging or an existing fellowship programme in this field of radiology. Through three months of training the trainee will be provided with intense modular training in paediatric imaging and will be supervised by a specialised tutor in a pre-selected, highly esteemed, academic training centre in Europe.
Number of available places
Visit the ESOR Website for further information and application
Social events at the Annual Meeting for Junior members
– JESPER dinner. It is organized every year at the annual meeting for the younger attendants to the meeting (less than 40 years old) to meet each other and do some networking. It is a great opportunity to meet young colleagues from all over the world.
– JESPER lecture. Every year the JESPER committee with the congress president select an interesting topic and speaker to give a one hour talk at the annual meeting interesting for the younger members of the society.
– JESPER Run for Fun. A 5-kilometre run is organized every year at the annual meeting in a beautiful place of the congress city for those who want to do an early exercise before the lectures.
List of European Paediatric Radiology Fellowship programmes
We are working to offer ESPR resident members a list of European hospitals where they can continue their paediatric radiology subspecialty training.
If you know an appropraite training center, please fill in the form here.