Oncology Task Force
- To provide a network and a discussion forum on both clinical and research issues for paediatric radiologists interested in paediatric oncology
- To initiate and facilitate discussions on imaging strategies for paediatric tumours
- To discuss and support imaging issues in international trials
J. Schäfer – chairperson
A. Smets (previous chair)
H. Brisse (previous chair)
If you are interested to join the taskforce, contact us via email@example.com
- Brisse HJ, Smets AM, Kaste SC, Owens CM. Imaging in unilateral Wilms tumour. Pediatr Radiol. 2008 Jan;38(1):18-29
- Owens CM, Brisse HJ, Olsen ØE, Begent J, Smets AM. Bilateral disease and new trends in Wilms tumour. Pediatr Radiol. 2008 Jan;38(1):30-9
The oncology taskforce has a meeting at the annual meeting of the European Society of Paediatric Radiology.
Relaunch of the taskforce will be done at the ESPR 2018 meeting.
Reports of previous meetings
- 2nd meeting IPR Montreal 2006
- Wilm’s tumor – the US perspective (Kaste, USA)
- Wilm’s tumor – the European perspective (J. Tröger, Germany)
- ESPR oncology open task force meeting (H. Brisse, France, A. Smets, NL and C. Owens, UK)
- 5th meeting Istanbul 2009
- 6th meeting Bordeaux 2010
- C. Granata: European Neuroblastoma protocols: What’s new ?
- H. Brisse: Guidelines for imaging and staging of neuroblastic tumors : consensus report from the INRG (International Neuroblastoma Risk Group Project)
- K. McHugh: Painful (oncological) lessons from our discrepancy meetings”
- A.M.J.B Smets: CT-only lung lesions in the SIOP 2001 Wilms’ tumour trial: what about them?
- H. Brisse: Guidelines for imaging and staging of retinoblastoma : consensus report from the ERIC (European Retinoblastoma Imaging Collaboration)
- 7th meeting Athens 2012
- N. Bodart: radiological features of malignant supra-tentorial glial tumours
- T. Huisman: conventional and advanced imaging of fossa posterior tumours
- P. Brader: Molecular and functional imaging of brain tumours
- H. Brisse: Response assessment guidelines for multicentre trials
- 8th meeting Budapest 2013
- A. Smets: Research on communication in Oncologic Paediatric Radiology – the C-OPERA-study
- S. Neuenschwander: Fetal and adolescent oncology. Which strategies?
- E. Deurloo: Imaging of head and neck tumours: Don’t lose your head!
- B. McCarville: The Potential Role of Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound in Pediatric Oncology
- 9th Meeting Amsterdam 2014
- H.N. Caron: Treating childhood cance: present and future
- H. Brisse: True and pseudo-progressive disease in osteosarcoma patients
- K. McHugh: Response of the primary tumour and outcome in neuroblastoma
- A.M.J.B. Smets: Ongoing projects/Difficult cases
- 10th Meeting Graz 2015
- A.M. Sets: Introduction by Chair
- D. Pariente: Hepatoblastoma: the role of the radiologist
- E.E. Deurloo: Oncologic paediatric radiology: challenges, pifalls & difficult cases
- A.M. Smets: Case reports
- 11th Meeting Chicago 2016
- F. Gomez Munoz: The Underestimated Role of Ablation Techniques in Pediatric Interventional Oncology: What They Could Offer in Children
- N.D. Johnson: Advanced MSK/IR Intervention
- A.M. Barnacle, D.J. Roebuck: Paediatric IR Tips and Tricks
- 12th Meeting Davos 2017
- L. Porto: Paediatric brain tumours: Differential diagnosis between low ans high grade, from basic to advanced
- G. Khanna: Experience with central review of paediatric renal tumours
- A. Littooij: Is there a role for DWI in nephroblastoma?
- J. Schaefer: Ins and outs of PET MRI in children